RASCAL FLATTS HOSTS CELEBRITY GOLF CLASSICOctober 9, 2018
Rascal Flatts partnered with Delta Dental of Tennessee and WME to host the third-annual Celebrity Golf Classic to benefit Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt yesterday at the top-rated Golf Club of Tennessee.
The evening concluded with a one-of-a-kind performance called “A Round of Hits” with an intimate, acoustic set by Rascal Flatts. The trio are longtime supporters of Children’s Hospital, having performed for patients for over a decade and helping raise millions of dollars for the hospital, which renamed its Pediatric Surgery Center to The Rascal Flatts Surgery Center in 2010.
All proceeds benefit research and fellowship training in the Division of Pediatric Urologic Surgery in the Section of Surgical Sciences at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. This support will significantly enhance discoveries and training to meet the changing needs of pediatric patients with a cancer diagnosis or other disease through the compassionate expertise of a pediatric urologist.
“We have been so blessed in this life that it has always been important for us to give back,” said Joe Don Rooney. “The relationship we have with the Children’s Hospital has been so special and so to have an event like this, which is both fun and for an amazing cause is beyond anything we could have imagined.”
“We are grateful for Rascal Flatts’ steadfast and longstanding commitment to our hospital, and we are thrilled that they are once again leading the Celebrity Golf Classic, along with Delta Dental and WME,” said John W. Brock III, MD, Surgeon-in-Chief of Children Hospital, Senior Vice President of Pediatric Surgical Services, Director of the Division of Urology and Monroe Carell Jr. Professor. “I continue to be amazed by the tremendous support from our entertainment and business communities, which allows us to further advance the scope and quality of the cutting-edge care we can offer our patients.”
“Delta Dental is honored to be a part of this great event with our friends from Rascal Flatts and WME as we work to help in the fight against pediatric cancer,” said Phil Wenk, President and CEO of Delta Dental. “We are also pleased to support Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt as it continues to provide world-class medical care for patients.”
Top Photo (L-R): Jay DeMarcus, Joe Don Rooney, Champ (Hospital Mascot), Gary LeVox, Logan Miller, Lily Paris
- April 8, 2019 WATCH NOW: NEW MUSIC VIDEO “BACK TO LIFE” LIVE FROM RED ROCKS
- April 4, 2019 JAY DEMARCUS TO PUBLISH DEBUT MEMOIR
- April 1, 2019 CONGRATULATIONS TO THE APRIL CONTEST WINNER
- March 29, 2019 RASCAL FLATTS HONORED WITH STAR ON VANDERBILT WALK OF CHAMPIONS
- March 23, 2019 TUNE IN: YOUTUBE PREMIERE ON MONDAY, 3/25
- March 21, 2019 BILLBOARD EXCLUSIVE: GARY LEVOX + STEVEN CURTIS CHAPMAN COLLABORATION
- March 20, 2019 RASCAL FLATTS HONORED WITH PANDORA’S BILLIONAIRE PLAQUE
- March 18, 2019 RASCAL FLATTS PERFORMS “BACK TO LIFE” ON GOOD MORNING AMERICA
- March 14, 2019 NEW MUSIC: “BACK TO LIFE: LIVE FROM RED ROCKS” AVAILABLE NOW
- March 4, 2019 RASCAL FLATTS TO PERFORM AT CMA FEST