RASCAL FLATTS TO BE HONORED WITH CLIFFIE STONE ICON AWARD AT ACM HONORSJune 15, 2021
Rascal Flatts have been chosen to receive the ACM Cliffie Stone Icon Award. This award is presented to a Country Music artist, duo/group or industry leader who throughout their career has advanced the popularity of the genre through their contributions in multiple facets of the industry such as songwriting, recording, production, touring, film, television, literary works, philanthropic contributions and other goodwill efforts.
The band has picked up seven consecutive ACM Awards (2002-2008) for Vocal Group of the Year, the only band to earn that distinction. Gary LeVox, Jay DeMarcus and Joe Don Rooney were playing gigs in Nashville’s Printer’s Alley prior to breakout hits like “Praying for Daylight” and “I’m Movin’ On,” the 2002 ACM Song of the Year. Singles such as “What Hurts the Most” and “Life Is a Highway” crossed over to pop radio and they accepted an invitation to join the Grand Ole Opry in 2011. Rascal Flatts celebrated their farewell with TWENTY YEARS OF RASCAL FLATTS: THE GREATEST HITS in 2020 as well as a sentimental radio hit together with the reflective “How They Remember You.” Known as one of the hottest-selling touring acts in any genre, the trio has sold over 11 million concert tickets and have had 8 studio albums debut at No. 1 on the Top Country Albums chart.
Past recipients of the ACM Cliffie Stone Icon Award include Alabama, Bob Beckham, Brooks & Dunn, Garth Brooks, Glen Campbell, Johnny Cash, Charlie Daniels, Larry Gatlin & The Gatlin Brothers, Crystal Gayle, Merle Haggard, Emmylou Harris, Alan Jackson, George Jones, The Judds, Brenda Lee, Loretta Lynn, Martina McBride, Willie Nelson, The Oak Ridge Boys, Dolly Parton, Charley Pride, Jerry Reed, Tex Ritter, Marty Robbins, Kenny Rogers, Billy Sherrill, Ricky Skaggs, The Statler Brothers, George Strait, Mel Tillis, Randy Travis, Tanya Tucker, Conway Twitty, Porter Wagoner, Keith Whitley, Hank Williams, Hank Williams Jr., Bob Wills and Dwight Yoakam, among others.
The annual event will be held on Wednesday, August 25th at the Ryman Auditorium.
- May 25, 2023 Memorial Day Sale In The Rascal Flatts Online Store
- August 25, 2022 GARY LEVOX RELEASES NEW SONG “GET DOWN LIKE THAT”
- July 11, 2022 RASCAL FLATTS FEATURED ON POSITIVE VIBRATIONS’ NEW ALBUM “COUNTRY GOES REGGAE”
- May 26, 2022 NEW EP “HOT IN HERE SUMMER SONGS 2010-2019” AVAILABLE NOW
- February 10, 2022 NEW EP “LOVE SONGS 2010-2019” AVAILABLE NOW
- January 28, 2022 JAY DEMARCUS ANNOUNCES NEW LABEL, RED STREET COUNTRY, AND FIRST SIGNED ARTIST, RYAN GRIFFIN
- June 15, 2021 RASCAL FLATTS TO BE HONORED WITH CLIFFIE STONE ICON AWARD AT ACM HONORS
- May 21, 2021 GARY LEVOX’S DEBUT EP “ONE ON ONE” OUT NOW
- May 1, 2021 CONGRATULATIONS TO THE ALL ACCESS MAY FAN OF THE MONTH
- April 30, 2021 GARY LEVOX ANNOUNCES DEBUT SOLO EP “ONE ON ONE”
Want to leave a comment?