Rascal Flatts Earn More Honors For Their Philanthropy WorkFebruary 22, 2011
Rascal Flatts will be honored with the Tony Martell Lifetime Entertainment Achievement Award at the T.J. Martell Foundation’s Honors Gala in Nashville on March 28. The event brings together business, medical, sports and entertainment industry leaders and celebrities to raise awareness and funds for innovative cancer research. Over the last several years, the guys have lent their name and donated their time to numerous charities, including the TJ Martell Foundation, the Monroe Carrell Children’s hospital at Vanderbilt, the Salvation Army, the American Red Cross and the Jason Foundation (which raises awareness of teen suicide), as well as the Make A Wish Foundation.
They have often been praised for their good work in the community, being presented with the Shining Star Award, the Nashville Symphony’s Harmony Award, the ACM Humanitarian Award and most recently, Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital named their Pediatric Surgery Center, the “Rascal Flatts Surgery Center.” “It truly is an honor and a blessing to be in a place to be able to give back and be able to influence the community that you live in,” said the Flatts’ Jay DeMarcus during a recent press conference at Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital. In other news, Jay DeMarcus earned a Dove Award nomination from the Gospel Music Association for his work as a producer on Austin Bridge’s album, Times Like These, which is nominated for country album of the year. The awards will be presented April 20 at the historic Fox Theatre in Atlanta.
- October 19, 2018 ALL ACCESS CONTEST: BACK TO US TOUR PHOTOS
- October 18, 2018 NEW “BACK TO LIFE” FLATT DOG POUND MISSION!
- October 16, 2018 JAY DEMARCUS TO PUBLISH DEBUT MEMOIR
- October 9, 2018 RASCAL FLATTS HOSTS CELEBRITY GOLF CLASSIC
- October 1, 2018 CONGRATULATIONS TO THE OCTOBER CONTEST WINNER
- September 28, 2018 NEW SINGLE “BACK TO LIFE” AVAILABLE NOW
- September 15, 2018 TONIGHT’S SHOW IN IRVINE, CA HAS BEEN CANCELLED
- September 14, 2018 TONIGHT’S SHOW IN SAN DIEGO, CA HAS BEEN CANCELLED
- September 4, 2018 CONGRATULATIONS TO THE SEPTEMBER CONTEST WINNER
- August 16, 2018 PEOPLE INTERVIEW: JAY DEMARCUS TALKS GROWING UP COUNTRY